Pressure washing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure washing

I plan on pressure washing decks in the spring in a small community. I planned on doing it with cold water, but i had a question about how big of a pressure washer I would need, and how I would do it?
    Do I just spray it off and be done with it or is their a form or certian way you do it. This seems way to easy, the home owner could just spray it off, but is it the fact that they think pressure washing is some special service?
    signsintime@gmail.com <-----Great prices on magnets, lawnsigns, and much more. Tell her Jared sent you to recieve good deals.

IMHO ...probably has more to do with that more and more people have less and less time to do maint on their houses. Do the sidewalks, driveway, stone walls, heck even have the guy leave his false teeth ... blast those off too while you're at it.

Phil

P.S. All kidding aside any service sells people are busy, busy, busy. It's just a matter do they have the money to spend. Hit the upscales ... hire Hispanics and you'll do just fine. The instructions to run the power washer are probably inside the instruction sheet in Spanish.

Comment

pressure washing has paid off for me. If you are serious buy a good unit.2000 psi to 3000 psi is pretty good for wood the bigger units have psi regulater.
      Who gives a hoot.

Comment

if you're planning to do some restaining of decks you'll want to use something with sodium hydroxide and only about 300-500psi to keep the furring down, then spray some oxcylic acid. This process willhelp to neutralize and lighten the wood taking it back to more of a virgin state. Then after it dries(couple days), you might have some sanding. Then seal/stain. Don't buy the HD brand or Thompsons. THey're both junk. You'll have to goto a painter's shop to get the good stuff; Cabot's, and Cuprinol(sp?), are some of your better selections.

If you plan on doing concrete work you'll need more gpm and psi but to separate the boys from the men, you'll need hot water and a surface cleaner, ie Whisper's Big Guy, Steel Eagles, etc...
        If you feel that you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.

Comment

Whirl away surface cleaner.
          Who gives a hoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott
            .....good stuff; Cabot's, and Cuprinol(sp?), are some of your better selections.
            Also: Wolmens, Penofin and Ready Seal are good stuff.

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

I belive Grassmaster did a really good post on this about a year ago. Do a search and see if you can find it.

Quality Is Good ©

Comment

Sorry Gentlemen!

I must step down on this subject, I believe Mr. Scott & Mr. Sammy has the floor on this. It appears they know far more than I do on this subject about Pressure Washing.
                GrassMaster, LSF Administrator!
                LawnPro - Lawn Care Business Software:
                www.lawnbook.com --- www.lawnservicing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy
                  Also: Wolmens, Penofin and Ready Seal are good stuff.
                  Yeah Sammy is right, those are also some great sealers. I've never used it but I've heard that Ready Seal is a great product for new wood projects/decks/fences, etc and it's about fool proof or fool friendly. Just what I need.

One more thing is that you'll want to get a sealant with tinting, it does a better job protecting from UV rays.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy
                    I belive Grassmaster did a really good post on this about a year ago. Do a search and see if you can find it.

Here's that link
                    http://www.lawnserviceforum.com/show...essure+washing
                    and you can probably disregard everything that I posted. I've come along way since then. I'm a bit mo' educated in that area (just enough to be dangerous) and if anybody has any questions I'll try to tackle it. If I can't answer you're questions I definetely know a handful of ppl that do from central-fl climates all the way up to Maine.

Comment

Working...
                    X