Marking sprinkler heads for aeration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marking sprinkler heads for aeration

I've added marking sprinkler heads to my services list. I know how to turn them on from the control box in the garage. Is there a way to turn them on from outside the house if the customer isn't home? I thought I heard/read somewhere that you can turn on the sprinklers from the box in the ground. Is this correct or am I just hearing things?

Thank for the info, sprinkler pros.

Yes there is, if you don't how these systems work why are you going to do maintenance on them?

I not trying to sound rude or anything here but....that is a basic function of the systems.

So then, just locate the control valve and open it.

Comment

Originally posted by Countryside
      Yes there is, if you don't how these systems work why are you going to do maintenance on them?

I not trying to sound rude or anything here but....that is a basic function of the systems.

So then, just locate the control valve and open it.

If you reread the title to the post, I'm not maintaining the sprinkler systems, I am just marking the sprinkler heads so I don't hit them when aerating. Sorry if I wasn't more clear in the post. Normally, I would request the customer to mark them before I aerate, but I can make additional $$ for marking them for them. Make more sense to you now.

I appreciate the reply. I dont' do any maintenance on sprinkler systems, just wondering how to turn them on without entering the house. Thank you.

Comment

Hay man dont let a$$ holes like that get to you. Open The value box and turn then Silonide. It is the thang that has wires to it. Turn it until they come on. Dont take it all the way off though.

Comment

My bad, dawg!

Like I said before "I'm not trying to sound rude or anything "

Even us a$$ holes makes mistakes.....

PS. Solenoids

Comment

Thanks lawnsbydesign. That's all I needed.

Countryside, no offense taken. Just wanted to make sure you totally understood my question before posting.

Comment

Don't unscrew the solnoid. there should always be a lever to the back of each solnoid to turn on and off the heads manually.
              I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
              Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
              trial here.

============================

Member of the Year 2005®
              *.--*- .-^ -.*-. -.-* -..* .-.^-.- ..* ... .-* .--- .*- -.-. -.-^ .- ... ...*

Comment

Hunter you are an ass hole too. I know there is that to but for someone that does not know what they are doing that is the easy way to tell someone to trun the damb thang one

Comment

So you are the arse hole. I never mention anything like that in my previous post. Just about dumb and stupid advice.

It's also the wrong way to tell someone to turn on their heads manually. That's just asking someone to get dirt in the solnoid and just more trouble down the road. Help someone don't give them more work they when they don't know how do do somehting in the first place.
                  I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
                  Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
                  trial here.

============================

Member of the Year 2005®
                  *.--*- .-^ -.*-. -.-* -..* .-.^-.- ..* ... .-* .--- .*- -.-. -.-^ .- ... ...*

Comment

LOL!
                    If they turn the wrong one, then the owner will call someone like YOU to come fix it...so please tell me..." what's it gonna hurt? ". If he's smart enough to " GET IT RIGHT " well good for him...he uses the internet, learns something, tells someone about this site......
                    JUST DON'T TURN ANYTHING MORE THAN 1/2 FULL TURN AND DON'T FORCE ANYTHING, THE DOUBLE CHECK IS NEXT TO THE WATER METER OUT ON THE STREET, VALVE BOXES WILL BE IN THE LANDSCAPE, YOU WILL NEED A SCREWDRIVER TO POP THEM UP, THE LITTLE SCREWS ON THE BOX ON THE PIPE WITH WIRES GOING TO IT WILL WORK AS WELL, ONLY GIVE THOSE A 10% TURN AS THEY CAN AND WILL POP OUT IF THEY DO YOU'LL NEED TO TURN OFF THE DOUBLE CHECK AND I WON'T ANSWER YOUR POST AS YOU WILL PROVE YOURSELF TO BE OF LEMMING STATUS, YOU REALLY SHOULD TURN THE BIG KNOB, BUT SOMETIMES IRRIGATION INSTALLERS SUCK AND TO TURN THE BIG ONE YOU NEED TO SCRAPE KNUCKLES...THAT'S WHEN THE LITTLE ONE COMES IN HANDY...BUT LIKE I SAID- THAT SCREW POPS OUT AND FLYS 15 FEET YOU MAY NOT FIND IT AND YOU WILL BE SCREWED,
                    so how about that intel for a newbie!?!???

let's see if he posts again...

“There are some who, uh, feel like that, you know, the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is: Bring ‘em on. We got the force necessary to deal with the security situation. “ - George W. Bush, July 2, 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Bizzaro
                      LOL!
                      If they turn the wrong one, then the owner will call someone like YOU to come fix it...so please tell me..." what's it gonna hurt? ". If he's smart enough to " GET IT RIGHT " well good for him...he uses the internet, learns something, tells someone about this site......
                      JUST DON'T TURN ANYTHING MORE THAN 1/2 FULL TURN AND DON'T FORCE ANYTHING, THE DOUBLE CHECK IS NEXT TO THE WATER METER OUT ON THE STREET, VALVE BOXES WILL BE IN THE LANDSCAPE, YOU WILL NEED A SCREWDRIVER TO POP THEM UP, THE LITTLE SCREWS ON THE BOX ON THE PIPE WITH WIRES GOING TO IT WILL WORK AS WELL, ONLY GIVE THOSE A 10% TURN AS THEY CAN AND WILL POP OUT IF THEY DO YOU'LL NEED TO TURN OFF THE DOUBLE CHECK AND I WON'T ANSWER YOUR POST AS YOU WILL PROVE YOURSELF TO BE OF LEMMING STATUS, YOU REALLY SHOULD TURN THE BIG KNOB, BUT SOMETIMES IRRIGATION INSTALLERS SUCK AND TO TURN THE BIG ONE YOU NEED TO SCRAPE KNUCKLES...THAT'S WHEN THE LITTLE ONE COMES IN HANDY...BUT LIKE I SAID- THAT SCREW POPS OUT AND FLYS 15 FEET YOU MAY NOT FIND IT AND YOU WILL BE SCREWED,
                      so how about that intel for a newbie!?!???

let's see if he posts again...

thanks for the intel.

so, who's the newbie? i'm assuming you mean me, which would be incorrect. in business since 99 just not the sprinkler business. that's the beautiful thing about this site. ask questions and get answers, hopefully the right ones.

Comment

you are a newbie until you no longer post simple questions about common irrigation knowledge....don't take it personal!
                        good luck and don't run them over with the aerator....you might have trouble getting feedback on this post:

"HOW DOES ONE REMOVE AND REPLACE A SMASHED SPRINKLER HEAD, OF WHAT BRAND I HAVE NO CLUE...."

LOL

good luck
                        “There are some who, uh, feel like that, you know, the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is: Bring ‘em on. We got the force necessary to deal with the security situation. “ - George W. Bush, July 2, 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Bizzaro
                          you are a newbie until you no longer post simple questions about common irrigation knowledge....don't take it personal!
                          good luck and don't run them over with the aerator....you might have trouble getting feedback on this post:

"HOW DOES ONE REMOVE AND REPLACE A SMASHED SPRINKLER HEAD, OF WHAT BRAND I HAVE NO CLUE...."

LOL

good luck

LMAO.

Makes ya feel good doesn't it.

Comment

Working...
                          X