Converting Redmax Edger to Trimmer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Redmax Edger to Trimmer?

I recently acquired a free used Redmax HEZ2500S stick edger which was great. However, we already have a new HEZ, but only one trimmer(BCZ2500s) and are desperately in need of a second legit trimmer for efficiency reasons (we have a Homelite straight-shaft for a backup but it's not what we're looking for in a daily-use trimmer).

My cousin who gave us the edger suggested we convert it to a trimmer, but he wasn't really sure how. I'm sure we can detach the mid-shaft edger handle and install a new Redmax trimmer handle. Engine and throttle assembly are almost identical. Does anyone know if removing the edging assembly and attaching a trimmer head and other necessary parts is doable? The HEZ engine is really powerful, so the trimmer would be strong as hell (though slightly heavy).

The HEZ edger is great (pricey at 360) and leaves a perfect edge every time. But if I could go back I'd have bought another BCZ instead (vertically leaves similar nice edge) and converted this for a 3rd trimmer.

Anyway, even if this needs to be done by a professional I can't imagine it would be very expensive, at least a lot less than dropping 270 for another BCZ. Has anyone had any experience with this type of thing?

P.S. If anyone is wondering why I'm up all night tonight it's because I'm procrastinating big-time for last final tomorrow.
Working...
X