toro z or toro wb 44"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toro z or toro wb 44"

buying a new mower cant decide between a toro z compact 44" or a wb 44 both hydro currently all i have is a 36" toro wb belt driven i love the mower but i think its time to move to a hydro i would love to get the z but im afraid it will do more turfing cause of its weight. and i question its hillside capabilities. i can get the z for 5000 and the walk for 3100 need help making the decision what do you think. thanks

some opinions please

Comment

$3100 for a new hydro 44"? I'll take one, that seems low. I have both mowers you mentioned. We use them both. The ZTR does get used more though. With it's smaller size, it fits almost anywhere the walk behind does. If you are worried about hills, use the 36" on them. The 44" ZTR will do pretty good on hills, but none do as good as a Toro walk behind.

I will be selling a few mowers in about a month, one of which is a 44" ZTR Toro. It will probably be priced around the amount you are buying that walk behind for.
      a.k.a.---> Erich

www.avalawnlandscaping.com

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
      Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Jack D. is truly sorry to hear that Mr. Skaper has been forced to liquidate his assets.

Comment

Not quite Jack D., I am moving out some equipment and buying other equipment. I bought some newer mowers and some of the older ones don't get used as much.

But thank you for the concern.
          a.k.a.---> Erich

Comment

Unfortunately the resale value of SFS Toro's has plummeted since the major overhaul & introduction of the Turbo Force deck.

Comment

well i demoed the z today and loved it never operated one before but i dont want to give it up so im buying it tommorow $5000 is that a really good price also whats wrong with the sfs decks? what makes the turbo force better?

Comment

Stringblade, is that for a new unit?
                a.k.a.---> Erich

Comment

The Turbo Force has 48% increased discharge velocity, throws further, chops clippings finer, is able to process more clippings @ higer rates of speed, & leaves a better finished cut. This is all a result of the deck being over 2" deeper and equipped w/fully adjustable baffling. If a dealer tells you the SFS is "fine", he is lying to unload stock. W/only the 100's remaining in the Riders w/SFS, the Turbo Force will soon eclipse the SFS in the Toro line.

Comment

scaper 2 that is for a new unit im bringing back the demo on monday.

jack d i have a sfs now on a walk behind and the only problem i have seen is it sucks a picking up leaves but it cuts just fine especially in tall grass

Comment

Stringblade, the Toro's will do you just fine. They perform great.

I would love to get that walk behind you spoke of, especially if it is new.
                      a.k.a.---> Erich

Comment

Mr.stringblade, do you currently have a fixed or floating deck Toro Walk ?

Please trust Jack D. that Toro Hydro Walks SFS/Tbar "Classic" & New Design are total garbage compared to eXmark TracerHP's & Tracers. For many years, Jack D. also believed his SFS/Toros were "fine".

Comment

Originally posted by Jack D.
                          Mr.stringblade, do you currently have a fixed or floating deck Toro Walk ?

Please trust Jack D. that Toro Hydro Walks SFS/Tbar "Classic" & New Design are total garbage compared to eXmark TracerHP's & Tracers. For many years, Jack D. also believed his SFS/Toros were "fine".

Jack D-elusional

Do the new Emark Tracer go up steps in the back yard better than the old T bar Toro models???

You can lead a donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass drink.

Comment

Please note Mr. Stringblade that Toro Walks will undergo radical change in the next 2-3 years in an attempt to bring them to standards of other current manufacturers. The deck will be replaced and the T-Bar control system will be redesigned to better meld w/ twin hydro pumps & wheel motors. The T-Bar, as a joined bar, is one of the most dysfunctional controls ever offered on a hydro unit as it limits the primary benefits of individual wheel control during zero turns.

Please do not be swayed by ignorant dealers.

Comment

Jack, just because a product goes through a change does NOT mean the change will be better. Look at many things being produced today. How many times have you heard someone say "They don't make them like they use to".

I guess the new Lawnboys that went through recent changes are better than your old ones??? How about those commercial NEWLY DESIGNED Toro 21" mowers??? Are they better than your old ones??? Nope.
                              a.k.a.---> Erich

Comment

Working...
                              X